Home > Housing and property > Homelessness advice > Relationship difficulties > Relationship difficulties - Non Abusive

Relationship difficulties - Non Abusive

Housing Advice

Housing rights in a relationship breakdown can be complicated and you may need to seek legal advice.

If you have a joint tenancy or own a property with your ex partner you may still have rights to occupy the place you are living in together.

You may need advice about the law. The Government’s website, GOV.UK, has a web page where you can Find a Legal Aid Advisor

Where else can I go for housing help and advice?

Shelter has produced a guide what people’s housing rights are after splitting up.

Shelter can also be contacted by telephone: 0344 515 1944

Citizens Advice Bureau - for general and legal advice and help. Telephone: 08444 111 444.

If you’ve decided that you need to find a new home the find somewhere to live in East Staffordshire page has more information.