Roads and highways

Roads and highways are the responsibility of Staffordshire County Council not East Staffordshire Borough Council.

Staffordshire County Council services

Please contact Staffordshire County Council  to report any of the following:

  • Abnormal loads
  • Access protection markings (white lines)
  • Bridges
  • Bus lane penalty fees
  • Bus stops and shelters
  • Cycle lanes
  • Disabled parking
  • Flooding and drainage
  • Gritting and grit bins
  • Licences for highway works and obstructions
  • Mud, spillages and obstructions
  • Parking fines
  • Potholes
  • Road markings
  • Street lighting
  • Signs on the road and footpath
  • Traffic calming
  • Traffic lights and signals
  • Tree and hedge maintenance
  • Vehicles parked on the highway
  • Walls and fences (highway retention)
  • Weight restriction areas
  • Weeds and grass cutting

You can call the Staffordshire County Council highways team on 0300 111 8000 or visit their highways homepage.

If you're calling on a mobile phone, or from outside Staffordshire, please call 01785 27745 or 01785 277686.