Our employees are given the option to join the Local Government Pension Scheme which is a nationwide pension scheme for local authorities and other organisation in the public sector.
- Employees contribute from 5.5% of their salary (contributions depend on salary range).
- ESBC also makes a significant contribution to the scheme, which is a valuable financial reward with an excellent range of benefits.
- Benefits include:
- a secure pension scheme based on career average earnings; that takes account of cost of living increases;
- the option to receive a tax-free lump sum on retirement;
- freedom to choose when you take your pension between age 55 and 75;
- immediate life cover and pensions for dependants.